A sensible approach to adventure training
IOSH awards 2010
TripSafely.com is a user friendly online Educational Visit Management System that supports organisers of educational visits to organise a educational visit safely. The system provides guidance, templates, policies and procedures to organise trips ranging from a day trip to the theatre to an adventurous activity trip overseas.
The key features of the system include:-
- Trip templates i.e. request for permission, risk assessments.
- Trip Policies i.e. Health and Safety, Security.
- Trip Procedures i.e. Down time, personal time, medical.
- Trip Plans i.e. Emergency response plans, Special Care plans.
- Central repository for all trip data i.e. insurance documents
- Compliance with DCSF Guidance for trips in the UK
- Compliance with BS 8848 for adventurous activity trips overseas
- Accessible remotely i.e. via a PDA, internet
- Supports the Learning Outside The Classroom Manifesto
- Teacher profiles – i.e. qualifications, training, driving license, CRB records.
- Useful links i.e. DCSF, Overseas contacts.
- Ability to conduct an audit trail to assess the compliance of schools trips (Optional)
- Standardises and embeds ‘Best Practice’ within the management of educational visits.