Tim Morton, EVC, Beeston Hall School
Welcome to TripSafelyTraining videos
TripSafely.com is a specially designed online system to help teachers plan and run school trips and educational visits.
It is designed to guide the user through a step by step process that facilitates the effective management of school trips by asking for a sequence of fields to be completed.
These fields are designed to ensure that the trip is organised effectively without any necessary information being left out. This gives the organisers, school management and parents the confidence that trips are being planned correctly and the significant risks identified and minimised.
The system is quick and easy to use, eliminates the need to duplicate inputs, guides users through the process, is accessible anywhere in the world providing you can access the internet and allows the user to scan in and store information such as insurance certificates etc.
Training is available to help users operate the system and to guide them through the trip planning and management process. Funding is available for the training element of the system.
The TripSafely system has been designed to comply with the DCSF Guidance “Health and Safety of Pupils on Educational Visits” and other associated documents. Although based on the guidance, the TripSafely system only asks relevant questions depending on the type of trip - thus reducing the need to complete unnecessary sections of documents, saving the organiser time.
- There are six types of educational visits to choose from:
- UK, non-residential, non-adventure - e.g. Trip to museum
- UK, non-residential, adventure - e.g. White water rafting
- UK, residential, non-adventure - e.g. UK music festival
- UK, residential, adventure - e.g. Activity centre trip
- Overseas, residential, non-adventure - e.g. Overseas music festival
- Overseas, residential, adventure - e.g. Ski trip
What are the benefits of using TripSafely.com?
- Reduces risk to participants, stakeholders and the school’s reputation.
- Gives confidence and reassurance to users, participants and parents.
- User-friendly online system saving time, paperwork, money and hassle.
- Proven risk management methodology both generic, site specific and dynamic types of risk assessments.
- Instant remote access to information i.e. insurance policies, third party contracts via mobile phones, laptop, internet cafes.
- Provides an audit trail for third-party assessment and any possible claims.
- Supports compliance to the british standard for organising visits, fieldwork and expeditions and adventurous activities overseas (BS 8848), DCSF Guidance, and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Incorporated emergency and contingency planning guidelines.
- Secure data storage of documentation includes back-up of data.
- Templates to enable the distribution of professional looking documentation for stakeholders and participants.
- School Trip reporting facility i.e. Governor reports on meeting educational visits learning outcomes.
- Standardises and embeds ‘Best Practice’ within the management of school trips.